My first day

Today I had my first day of work and I am exhausted! I left home at 7.30 this morning (induction was at 8.30 and I knew it would take me around 30 minutes to get there but figured I should give myself some extra time just in case something went wrong) and got home at around 5.15 this afternoon. The day was a lot longer than usual as I had my induction then went straight into it. I am so thankful that I know my supervisor and am already familiar with the place as my anxiety wasn't too bad compared to what it could be. I spent today listening in to calls and taking notes on how to answer them and also processing payments for rates, I do admit that it feels strange to be working after so long and I think that will be the biggest challenge getting used to working everyday. Working 5 hours a day is great for me as it means I will be able to pick things up quickly (compared to if I was only 2 days a week) and won't get overwhelmed by the hours. I also like being able to take the mornings easy and still being able to study and meet friends for coffee.
I turn 21 in less than a month which is exiting and I am trying to focus on getting to that as it will be around the one month mark and things should (hopefully) get easier from there. I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself and to just take it one day at a time, I know there will be days when I will struggle and my anxiety will play up but everyone has days like that and as long as I survive them I will be fine.
I still can't believe that I finally have work and that its in such a great place and environment, once again God knew what he was doing even though I struggled at times to believe that he did.

Comments

Popular Posts