Whirlwind

I am finally unwinding after what seems like a whirlwind past few days. On Saturday and Sunday I attended a workshop to become a Youth Ambassador for ReachOut this is such an amazing charity and you will be hearing a lot more about it in the future (there will be a whole post dedicated to it coming up so watch this space)! Today I had my caring job where I did Zumba for the first time ever which was interesting followed by the job interview. I actually felt confident going into the interview maybe because it was my weekend had been so full on and the workshop was actually in the same location or maybe it was because I had done work experience there (but in a completely different building) I don't know but I do know I did my best. I find out if I get the job sometime next week and I am praying that I do but for now I am trying to put it out of my mind.
Last night I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down things I learnt from this past weekend and came up with the following:
  • Its ok to be anxious.
  • You can become friends with 21 strangers just from being in a room with them for 2 days and sharing a common interest/goal.
  • I can push myself out of my comfort zone and be completely fine.
  • I don't give myself enough credit at times.
  • It feels good to put myself out there.
  • That I want to share my experiences with anxiety (and general mental illness) with young people and let them know its ok.
  • Everyone has different strengths and its good to workout what they are so you use them to reach your full potential.
  • Sometimes making a spontaneous decision to do something can change your life for the better.

Comments

Popular Posts