Five Friday Favourites

It's time for another Friday Favourites! This week has been extremely busy as my first ever event has been approved for Reach Out so I am slowly attempting to work out what needs to be done and starting my never ending to do list regarding it, thankfully its not until July so I have plenty of time! I am also trying to start my next assignment for my diploma after finishing the text book on Tuesday which is why there is only 5 (plus its fun to say).
Monday is also looking extremely busy due to having an interview at 8.00am before my caring work at 9.00am. I'm not complaining though as the job market has been slowing down and I thought the next time I would get an interview would be in August at the earliest! I am just praying that this job is the right one for me and I know if its meant to be God will do all the hard work :)

Its Kind of a Funny Story - I know I have mentioned this film somewhere on here ages ago, but its become a renewed favourite. I love the storyline and how it shows mental illness in a positive and funny light. Its well worth a watch if you can track it down :)









Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick - I am always after something that is quick to apply, looks good and lasts all day and this blush does it all, I just swipe some on the apples of my cheeks, blend with my fingers and I am good to go! I love the Just Pinched Pink (not pictured) as it looks natural but still gives a bit of colour.

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen - I always go to Sarah Dessen when I need a good chick book and her latest does not disappoint! The blurb reads (taken from Book Depository):
Peyton, Sydney's charismatic older brother, has always been the star of the family, receiving the lion's share of their parents' attention and - lately - concern. When Peyton's increasingly reckless behavior culminates in an accident, a drunk driving conviction, and a jail sentence, Sydney is cast adrift, searching for her place in the family and the world. When everyone else is so worried about Peyton, is she the only one concerned about the victim of the accident? Enter the Chathams, a warm, chaotic family who run a pizza parlor, play bluegrass on weekends and pitch in to care for their mother, who has multiple sclerosis. Here Sydney experiences unquestioning acceptance. And here she meets Mac: gentle, watchful, and protective, who makes Sydney feel seen, really seen, for the first time.
All of Sarah's books are standalone novels but take place in the same fictional locations so you may come across some familiar faces while reading it. Even if you haven't read her books before do check this one out as once you start reading her you can't stop!

Ways to look after yourself while volunteering - this article is really helpful and a great read if you volunteer! I'm also not just saying this because theres a photo of me in it (excuse how bad it looks, I was super tired due to Zumba and pitching ReachOut stuff to people), a lot of the tips are good for life in general as well.


This picture:
 Megan managed to get a cold the other week that wouldn't go away so she had quite a few days off school which resulted in her colouring in a variety of pictures including the one above. The guy who is head of all the youth ambassadors at Reach Out loves One Direction so I got Megan to write 'Reach Out Rocks!' on it and I scanned it in and emailed to him (he thought it was awesome). I have to admit that I am extremely impressed with her colouring skills and attention to detail :)

Comments

Popular Posts