What I do

I always get stuck when someone asks me what I do, for the past couple of years it has been I am looking for work/unemployed and currently when someone asks me its the following: Unemployed/looking for work, studying to get my Diploma in Business Admin and I am a blogger plus I care for a girl 4 hours a week. I always say that I am unemployed first though, because for so long it has been a part of my identity and even though I am studying (and running a blog), looking for work is a big part of my life and the rest is just in the background.
Today at my psychologist appointment I mentioned that even though I am studying I still feel like I am unemployed which does nothing for my self esteem. So instead when someone asks me what I do I should say that I am studying (via distance) to get my Diploma in Business Admin THEN looking for work, because I am doing everything to get work and honestly I will get the right job at the right time which God has set aside for me. Its just a simple thing to do but it should make the world of difference to my self confidence and esteem.
This has made me think about the importance we put on jobs, if we are unemployed for long periods of time there must be something wrong with us despite if there is nothing more we can do and we are doing everything we can. It drives me crazy when people ask me if I have looked into other job options because it makes me feel like other people are doubting me and I get enough of that from myself. I have looked into other options believe me but nothing has come from them and whenever I seriously think about giving up I get another job interview or a promising job comes up. I am enjoying getting my diploma and this is just confirming to me that admin is for me, yes its hard doing it long distance and its even harder not having set dates to get assignments in but when I am doing the work I am enjoying and I am so close to finishing my first assignment.
At the end of the day it shouldn't matter what you do as long as you are doing what God wants you to do and you are happy.

I have finally updated my blog background, this was something I had been wanting to do for a while but never got round to sitting down and doing it. I finally did it on Good Friday and am extremely happy with the results and I didn't go off at the computer once while doing it!

Comments

Popular Posts