Baking and praying

Here is a little known fact about me, I use baking as a coping method. I enjoy baking and its been a hobby of mine since I was 10 but its also become a coping method and what I do to distract myself  when I am having one of my 'down days'. There are days when I need to bake because if I didn't I would end up banging my head against the wall and other times when I just bake because I want to. I have no particular recipe that I enjoy baking it all just depends on what I feel like some days its brownies, other days its my Neapolitan swirl biscuits or cinnamon scrolls. I also enjoy baking bread as the kneading aspect is very therapeutic and I like to knead my frustrations out.

This week is going to be emotionally draining and it all depends if I get the job I so badly want on Wednesday. I am over being unemployed and I don't have the energy to apply for any more jobs, I will get open the Seek app and scroll through the jobs yet I rarely apply for any. So I am praying like crazy that this is the job for me.
I then (finally) get my license on Thursday and to be honest I am kinda freaked out at the whole being able to drive alone part and I keep having dreams about backing into other cars or getting lost on the roads or doing something stupid. My parents have pretty much told me that at least for the first month that I won't be allowed to have any other passengers except for immediate family which I am fine about! I am looking forward to having freedom and being able to get places without relying on public transport (which I am over) and other people for lifts. There is a book a release I want to go to on the 27th and I asked my Mum for permission and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me that I was 20 and I would have my license by then so I didn't need to ask permission as long as I am contactable (and they have some idea of where I am) then its fine.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this week is going to be full of baking and praying. I just wish I could glimpse into the future and find out if I have this job or not!

Comments

Popular Posts