The Week That Was

This past week has been crazy busy, it started out slow and I barely did anything on Monday but on Tuesday my life got busy. On Tuesday morning I woke up and decided to check the Seek app on my iPod and apply for a few jobs, I applied for one that was advertised via a recruitment agency and wanted an immediate start, as I was applying for it I wondered if there was a chance that I would hear from the agency that day. Half an hour later as I was checking my emails my phone rang which caused me to jump (it always does and if I change ringtone I don't answer it) and it was the agency asking if I could come in at 1.30pm for an interview. This meant I was running around washing my hair, looking up directions to the company, doing my makeup and working out what to wear before catching a bus and a train into the city for it. The interview was short as most are with recruitment agencies but I did my best and left it in God's hands (today I got an email from the company saying I wasn't successful but I didn't really mind as the job was bordering on hard to get to ).
Then on Wednesday I was shopping and my phone rang of course it had to be at the bottom of my bag (I swear I have the biggest bag yet I can't downsize at all) and it took me a few goes to answer it (stupid phone!) and it was another recruitment agency asking if I could come in for an interview that day or tomorrow, so yesterday I once again got ready and caught a bus and a train into the city. The interview went well but I won't find out if the company wants to meet with me until early next week but I am praying they do!
This has all come after my employment agency was telling me to give up on my dream of admin and settle for retail but at each of the interviews I was told I had great potential and that they would love to keep my resume on hand to put my name forward for any jobs that I may be suitable for.
Once again God has proven to me that I have what it takes to work in admin and that he will provide.

Because a lot of people think that employment and recruitment agencies are the same thing I thought I would explain it:
Employment agencies work for the people and finding them work, they help by providing support and giving advice on how to be professional, many companies approach employment agencies to help fill positions. Employment agencies work with the people on keeping them employable and providing them with the resources they need to get employed (and providing them with support once they are employed).
Recruitment agencies however work with the company (normally larger companies). What they do is advertise the position and then interview a large number of people and forward on a percentage of those to the actual company who will then deal with the rest of the recruitment process (as the going through applications is the longest process). Many companies keep a file of potential workers and may put them forward when a job comes up that they may be suitable for, it just depends on the company.
Many people work with a mix of the above when they are looking for work, though you can only be registered with one employment agency at a time but there is no limit to the amount of recruitment agencies you can be registered with.

Comments

Popular Posts