Just keep driving

This past week has been really tough, I'm not going to lie and I am happy to have made it through it alive. On Wednesday I had my 3rd driving test, now to be honest I have been keeping really quiet on the whole driving test thing as I didn't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed and go through telling me that I failed the test (I did tell some people in person but I didn't put it on Facebook or anything) but on Tuesday I decided that I would tell people that I had a driving test the next day this turned out to be a blessing as when I failed it for the 3rd time I had a support network.
I honestly thought that this time would be it I would pass it I hadn't been up coughing since 3.30am like with my first attempt and it wasn't Christmas Eve afternoon like the second attempt, I felt prepared and ready but of course my anxiety decided that it would be the perfect time to flare up. I freaked out couldn't breathe and could feel an anxiety attack coming on but of course when you are driving its hard to do your breathing exercises and avoid a car that was parked on the road and of course the tester had to grab the wheel which meant I failed after 15 minutes. Which meant I had a full blown anxiety attack I felt shattered and stupid, why my anxiety decided to flare up that minute I do not know but it cost me the test (and my parents $200). When I got home my dad hugged me and said that it didn't matter and there was always next time. Both my parents also once again reminded me that due to my anxiety and Dyspraxia (just google it, its too hard to explain and its not like Dyslexia in the slightest) things will always take me longer to do and that's fine. My dad and I sat down and decided that next time (which is on the 30th of April - I wanted a good 6 weeks to get myself prepared and refocused) it will be at a different centre, not with my driving instructor and in my Mum's car because we both think a change of scenery is needed.
Thankfully today and Thursday were better days! On Thursday 2 of my unemployed friends came over for lunch and it was nice chatting to them about life and what was going on, on the work fronts for us. I am hoping to make this a fortnightly thing as there is 6 of us at church who are unemployed and young adults so it would be good catch up on a regular basis.
Then today I met with a high school friend for lunch and some browsing and next week we plan to see Vampire Academy (she hasn't seen it and I want to see it again plus I have a free movie ticket to use up). Which was great, we try to see each other monthly but over Summer we kinda lost touch so it was to see her again.
Tomorrow is looking at being busy but fun as we are going to adopt another kitty cat from the Cat Haven, to join our crazy family. We want a 6 + month old to add to our family but we have no idea what personality or type we want, its normally the cat the chooses us. Maddy and Tom chose us many years ago and Alfie chose us (or me, he kept staring at me until I met him and by that stage he had wormed his way into my heart and my Mum's heart!) so it will be fun to see who we end up bringing home. Of course it has to be a semi crazy cat as Maddy likes to scale screen doors for fun and Alfie loves bells and chasing balls around the backyard.
I have also applied for a few jobs this week so it appears that the job market is picking up (finally!) so God willing I will have some interviews soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts